CDES Department Lab School at Fullerton College
A Reggio Inspired Preschool
We would like to welcome you and your family on behalf of the Child Development and Educational Studies (CDES) Department at Fullerton College. The CDES department Lab School, founded in 1959, serves as a model for best practices in early childhood education for children, families, students, faculty, and the community.
The CDES Laboratory School has a three-fold mission:
Education of children ages 2 through 5 years old:
- Providing a challenging, emergent curriculum that is inspired by the Reggio philosophy from Italy, emphasizing the Constructivist Approach and nature-based learning.
- Strengthening relationships between children, families, our department and students as well the Fullerton and greater North Orange County community.
Professional education of students:
- Professional education for students majoring in Early Childhood Education.
- Professional education for students in various college departments (i.e., Psychology, Art, Horticulture, etc) and from the surrounding education communities.
Site for on-going contributions to the early childhood profession:
- Research by faculty and students in early Childhood Education.
- On-going contributions of knowledge to the field of Early Childhood Education.
- Educator Seminars in the fall and spring.
- Educator tours to provide a model to other programs.
Contact CDES Department Lab School
321 E. Chapman Ave.
Fullerton, CA 92832
Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
The CDES Laboratory has been celebrating children across the world playing with the earth’s soil since the inception of “International Mud Day”.
See the article written by CTA magazine highlighting the work of our CDES department Laboratory School. See photographs of faculty and students.
The Child Development and Educational Studies Department Laboratory School was moved to temporary distance learning. We continued to improve our developmentally appropriate platform for children and teachers to connect. It fulfilled our goals to keep our community connected.